With Memorize Psalms for Praying, students memorize Psalms 1, 8, 23, 27, 51, 91, and 121. These Psalms for Praying were selected because they help us pray to our Heavenly Father and remind us of who He is and who He is to us. This selection includes psalms of wisdom, praise, trust, lamentation, and reliance on God in our daily life.
How Memorize Psalms for Praying Works
This system presents an innovative approach to memorizing Scripture. It lays out for students, step-by-step, a systematic method for memorizing Scripture.
This Bible Memory system is unique because:
1) It provides a structured approach to spending time with God.
2) It presents students with an opportunity to really learn and understand Scripture, rather than skimming chapters.
- On Day one, students read the passage of Scripture.
- On Day two, they read the passage then proceed to the following page where the passage is rewritten with approximately 25% of the words omitted. You fill in these missing words from memory. (Key words are omitted to make memorizing the main ideas easier.)
- On Day three, they read and fill in the missing words. Approximately 50% of the words are omitted.
- On Day four, they read and fill in the missing words. Approximately 75% of the words are omitted.
- On Day five, they write the entire passage from memory.
Includes 24 weekly lessons, with three processes of memorization: memorization by reading, memorization by hearing, and memorization by writing. A self-contained, open-and-memorize workbook.